Black side of Internet: The Dark Web

Black side of Internet: The Dark Web

EXPLAINING THE DARK WEB:

Dark Web is a part of internet which can’t be surfed using normal browsers or search engines. It requires an anonymizing browser called “TOR“ to be accessed.

There is no doubt to say “Dark Web” as hub of online criminal activity- and it is. You can buy credit card numbers, all manner of drugs, guns, counterfeit money, stolen subscription credentials, hacked Netflix accounts and software that help to breech into other people’s computers. You can hire hackers to attack computers for you.

As everything has a good face, in similar way not everything is illegal at Dark web. It has a legitimate side too.

According to Researchers, only 4% of the internet is visible publically. Meaning that the remaining 96% of internet is made up of “The Deep Web”.

Accessing the Deep Web

Deep web is mostly boring. There are several dead links and half- finished sites that offer nothing.

Here’s what you need to know before getting started to access deep web:

1.Get VPN:

VPN, short form of Virtual Private Network, hides the computer’s physical IP address at a different location.

2.Understanding “Dot Onion”:

Deep Web can’t be accessed using browser like chrome because it’s unable to connect to “.onion” websites. “.onion” is a domain suffix for anonymous websites. These are long alpha-numeric strings like this “http://j6hbk54jv6sjdhnvkj.onion”. These can only be accessed by an onion browser such as “Tor”.

3.Download TOR Browser

Tor is not the only browser which can access “.onion” websites. But the fact is that it is easier to use Tor. It was originally developed with the help of U.S. Navy. Tor helps hide the identity by encrypting the traffic and sending it through series of randomly selected layers of relays and nodes. Hence, anonymizing the user.

4.Close all other internet connected programs

To prevent your identity to be get leaked, it is advisable to close all other programs connected to internet. It will help keep your ISP from knowing you are using Tor, and it will keep the Tor entry node from seeing your true IP address.

5.Finding “.onion” websites:

The Hidden wiki is best place to find onion websites for newbies. It contain links for cryptocurrency wallet services, secure messaging services, domain hosting services, dark-net marketplaces and much more. Another is, TORCH, which is a Tor search engine. It doesn’t work as a regular search engine. For instance, using TORCH to search for “Facebook” doesn’t return Facebook onion site. Rather, it returns some Russian hacking forums.  There are many other ways to find .onion websites too.

As everyone is anonymous here and there is no rules and regulations on Dark Web, so it’s easier to be get scammed.

“When you jump into the dark web, one click can put your life at stake”

Dark Net and Deep Web are much more than I can mention. There lie thousands of secrets in that, that are unexplored. So be safe while surfing Deep Web.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *